donation process, expectations, and next steps
About the Egg Donor Approval Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Egg Donor! It’s the generosity of women like you who help infertile couples make their dreams of becoming parents come true. We acknowledge you for choosing to be a contribution to the lives of others.The application process consists of three parts:
This is a the pre-qualification egg donor application form that screens you on basic egg donor requirements. Once you pass this stage, you will be able to register an account with us and fill out the full questionnaire.
The full questionnaire is more involved and will include questions about you, your family and your medical history. Any information you enter will be saved, enabling you to come back and complete the formal application as time permits. Once you have submitted your application, you can login at anytime to update your profile and manage your photo gallery.
Once you have met all of our program requirements, you will be invited to participate in a Skype or in-person interview. This is your time time to ask questions, get more information on the egg donation process and our time to finalize your acceptance.
See if you Qualify
Egg donor requirements and qualifications
At Egg Donation, Inc. we work with some the best Reproductive Endocrinologists across the nation who ensure your safety and well-being during the egg donation process. We are known for our very high standards, and to that end, our program meets all of the standards and criteria set by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, FDA and CDC. Potential egg donors must meet the following basic requirements:
- Between the ages of 21 and 29 years old
- Well educated
- Proportionate height and weight (BMI Calculator)
- You are mature and prepared to help a couple or individual have a child
- You are dependable, responsible, and reliable
- Healthy, with a healthy family history
- Non-smoker/No drug use
Starting with our inaugural case in 1989, we have found our egg donors to be caring and altruistic, who welcome the opportunity to help an infertile couple have a child. When you are become an egg donor it can lead to a very rich and rewording journey as you help someone build their dream family.
- Up-to-date health information on your biological parents, grandparents, and siblings
- No history of inheritable health conditions
- Neither the donor, nor any member of her family is a registered member of any Native American Indian or Alaskan Indian tribe
- You have a Body Mass Index of under 25
- You do not have abnormal and/or irregular periods
- You have both ovaries
- You are in good physical and mental health
- You are a non-smoker and non-drug user
- No history of substance abuse, use of illicit drugs, or cannabis or cannabis-derived products
- You do not use use Depo-Provera injections or have a contraceptive implant (Nexplanon)
- You have not recently traveled to an area infected with Zika or other high-risk areas
- You are a United States citizen or legal resident
- You agree to psychological, drug & criminal screening
- You have a supportive partner, friend, or family member
- You have the ability to self-administer injections
ready when you are
Begin Your Donor Application
With our automated online application, it is easy to start your journey today! Once you have created your own personal account, you will be able to log in at your convenience and fill out the formal egg donor application. Any information you enter will be saved, enabling you to come back and complete the formal application as time permits. Once you have submitted your application, you can login at anytime to update your profile and manage your image galleryLet's Go!
If you have read the requirements to become an egg donor, but are still wondering if egg donation is right for you, we encourage you to learn more about our egg donor program, the egg donation process itself and common egg donor concerns and questions before filling out an application.FAQ's